Friday, July 29, 2005

Knoxville, TN



OK, so today we are in Knoxville. Andy has the kids out at the pool and I am spending a little time playing with this blog idea. Maybe wasting time would be a better phrase since I could be doing something productive, like taking a nap!

We've just spent the past five days at King College in Bristol, TN, where Andy was leading a high school discipleship conference. The kids and I tagged along but spent the week doing mostly our own thing--playing, hiking, swimming, napping. They loved the hills and let me tell you this: I have never seen anything scarier than my children flying downhill on their scooters at 20+ mph! Michael at least knows how to use the brake, but Caroline hasn't figured that one out yet. Everyone left campus with some scabs to show for it.

Now we are unexpectedly in Knoxville, getting ready to spend the weekend with Aunt Jenny. Originally we were going to meet her in Asheville, but the hotels were booked full for a music festival, what was left was dingy and expensive, and the hotel we'd planned on staying at actually ran out of water this morning! So a hasty conference with Jenny changed our plans and here we are in Knoxville. The hotel is nicer and cheaper. "Manager's Reception" starts at five and I think we could all use it. Sunday we head to Gatlinburg for our week with the Bechtel families!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home