a Philemon week

It’s been an unforgettable week for the Cornett family: a time of fun and refreshment before we begin a big year of youth ministry, MOPS, and kindergarten. A week with no cell phones and no internet. There was satellite TV, but I don’t think we actually used it! We spent the week with just over half of the Bechtel guys and their families: Brezinas, Blumenshines, Pratts, and Smuckers. We had a wonderful cabin just south of Pigeon Forge, right outside of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park, on a quiet road with no near neighbors (the cabins nearby were empty until last night). There was plenty of room for everyone to spread out and play or be quiet as needed (although the house was rarely quiet—only when we were gone or all the children were asleep). The kids all got along great and played together nonstop. We went into the park every day to hike or picnic. I don’t think we have a single complaint to make about the week, unless that maybe it went by too quickly!
We had ten adults and ten children ranging in age from three months to five and a half. It was pretty well controlled chaos. Since we graduated from Wheaton, we’ve primarily seen each other at weddings for brief times. It was fun to see everyone together as friends, husbands and wives, and parents, with leisure to sit back and relax and talk as well. Everyone took turns cooking dinner, but Andy managed to squeeze in a few extra meals (no complaints from anyone, believe me!) by getting up early and making breakfast.
I could give you so many details but we're still on the road right now so those will have to wait. The main thing I'd leave you with was that this was truly a week of refreshing love!

2 Comments:
Hooray to the Cornett's! I enjoyed reading your blog SO much! I am going to mark it in my "favorites" folder and check it regularly!
Rachel
7:53 PM
What a great week, guys! More pictures are on the way....
3:11 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home