Monday, August 08, 2005

TN pictures, more on the trip








I am trying to sort through about 1100 pictures from four different cameras from last week. Digital photography is great but right now it is a little overwhelming!

All two weeks of our trip was a lot of fun, although the first part was a little stressful for me (and some for Andy, too). The kids and I had fun running around campus and playing, but I will confess there were moments I could have lived without: the top one being when Elanor dropped my keys into a storm drain--they landed four feet below the pavement with an 18 inch immobile grate between me and them. Thankfully I did get them back.

It was really great to see Jenny over the weekend in Knoxville, although I left my camera behind when we went to the Knoxville Zoo so I actually came out of the weekend pictureless. We introduced her to Carrabba's on Friday night and all went to the zoo on Saturday, which the kids loved. Saturday night and Sunday morning we put Jenny to work as we'd volunteered to do the initial grocery shopping for the mountains--so she wins the good sport of the month award because we dragged her through WalMart and Sam's to buy food that she didn't even get to eat! It was good to see her and I think we all agreed that it was smart to spend the weekend in Knoxville instead of Asheville (although I am curious to know how her friends back home took it because they all seemed to think we were doing some pretty loose planning anyway!).

Michael started kindergarten this morning like a champ. We walked him in; he let me hold his hand and kiss him goodbye--I figured I'd let him lead on that one since I didn't want to embarrass him! The girls and I will go pick him up in about an hour so I will have more news later. Sorry, no pictures. But I can tell you he has a really cool new backpack (smaller than the first one)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home