Thursday, June 22, 2006

one prayer answered!

Truthfully, we have had more than one prayer answered, but I suppose if I were to mention it here every time we received an answer, I'd be stuck in front of the computer all the time. So I will limit it to the biggies, or at least what I think are biggies.

We have an apartment! Even though we are not moving out until the end of August, we have been on the Fuller housing list for 18 months (actually 30 if you count our first application) since larger apartments are in short supply. Happily, we will have three bedrooms, so we will not be too squished. Not so happily, the apartment is 1000 square feet (the size of our first house--two bedrooms only), so we will be a little squished! However, there is a playground right downstairs and the mountains are close by. I think we will manage to get out to stretch our legs. Our tentative plan is to sleep all the children in one room and use the third bedroom as a study/school/play room. The other good news is that since we won't have any furniture, the apartment will not seem all that small (at least at first). I am very thankful to know where we are moving to now... a 3000 mile move seems daunting enough at this point that it's nice to know where we will land.

Still pending are new homes for Emma and Andy's station wagon, plus a renter for our house here. Actually, that's just as well because (once again) the house looks like something has exploded in it. I am clearing out toys and miscellany for a garage sale and the children seem to believe that it's a license to get everything possible out. ("Oooh, what's that? A sweater? I've never seen one of those before! Let's put it on and run all over the house in it!! And then throw it on the floor and get something else out!") A friend broke her school things back out for her daughter to bring a little order back into her summer and at times, that sounds like a fine idea to me.

The kids and I had a great time at VBS last week. Yes, even I went! Actually, I volunteered to be the official photographer for the groups on picture day, which was a lot more fun that I would have realized! I also got to spend a day roaming from class to class shooting candids. I was really impressed with how smoothly everything went--transitioning 300 kids all over the church from one activity to another is no easy task!

Last Saturday, we spent a fun few damp (actually wringing wet) hours at the Habitat for Hope Bluegrass Festival. Everything began auspiciously, but a few hours into it, the skies really opened up--report was we had four inches in the space of two hours. If you're curious, read more about it on Habitat's blog. Mark and Mylissa's plans are coming along to move to Memphis in a few short weeks (more prayers!).

Keep an eye on this space for more updates--God bless.

1 Comments:

Blogger Aly said...

Hey, Robin. David & I are excited about y'all's adventure! One of David's best friends lives out in Riverside, and his blog is www.ragamuffinsoul.com. He's a lead worshipper at Sandals Church. I am not sure how far you'll be from them. I've been reading your blog for several months now (sorry for never commenting!). It's always nice to read your updates. My blog is www.slademade.com/alyblog/alyblog.php (weird address...i know). Feel free to stop by anytime. I look forward to reading about y'all's CA adventures! Much love to the Cornett's! Aly

1:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home