Tuesday, August 16, 2005

MOPS -- first day

OK, Mylissa, I stand corrected (and maybe you are the only one who actually read this!). We had a great first meeting of our MOPS group for the year. There was a solid turnout and everyone who came seemed to have fun (even Betty, one of the mentors, whose comment was "I stopped coming to MOPS because I hate to do crafts!" and we were making these really cool necklace chains for our nametags today) Considering that we had to spend a lot of the meeting on "business," I think it went well. Everything looked great, the projector and slideshow worked fine, and it was so nice to be in the fellowship hall instead of upstairs. I think it will really make a difference this year. There is a lot of stuff to get into the room, which is a challenge with two little ones--at least a cart is available and they like to help!

I think it will be an exciting year and it was fun to see some new faces there along with the old ones. I heard good comments today, anyway! One really cool thing was that all along, Mylissa and I have been talking about and praying that we would be reaching moms who really need to be reached, who are hurting and need some extra help and hope, and that hopefully this year we would be able to really reach out to them. I am not always good at really seeing the people around me and it will be a challenge for me to focus on moms and not "the job" at times. Anyway, I was listening to Rick Warren's sermon on Sunday for 40 Days of Community and his first point was that we need to fellowship together: to socialize together, to study together, to serve together and to suffer together. I thought, "Wow, that sounds just like MOPS! I need to use that on Tuesday!" Although I'd kind of wondered about the suffering part... until this morning I met two girls who came and had recently lost their husbands. Hindsight being 20/20, I see that this order of things was certainly God's plan.

So it was a good, but very tiring morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home