movies at school
So on Friday, for reasons I do not know, the kindergarteners watched a movie after their special. It was Monsters, Inc., which is a movie Michael has never seen. I guess I have to confess that we don't let our kids watch much TV at all and really have never introduced them to full length features. The few movies that have been attempted--Spirit and Finding Nemo--have not been a resounding success (Michael finished the former weeping and has not actually been able to sit through the latter without climbing the walls in agitation). Oh yes, Homeward Bound was another one which ended with Michael sobbing out, "I told you I didn't want to see that movie!" One of the forms we had to fill out for Michael's teacher asked if he had any special fears and, being a conscientious parent, I of course wrote "Disney movies" as his fear. So I was concerned when he said that everyone watched this movie on Friday. Happily, Michael had the guts to tell his teacher he didn't want to watch it because it was scary, so he was allowed to go to the library and watch a more innocuous video in there (since he's not reading yet, I guess). I am curious, I confess, to know how often he will have to go through this--I am not interested in pushing him into a relationship with movies anytime soon! I think Michael just has a really sensitive spirit and these movies really do scare him.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home