dodging bullets
When I got up this morning, the news was about Katrina, of course--now a Category 5 headed straight for New Orleans. My heart just hurts thinking about it. It seems like we keep showing up in the path of various storms, and then getting missed one way or another. We have been so blessed. Praying for the evacuations.
I'm missing my second week of church in a row--last week I stayed home with a sick Caroline; this week it is Elanor. Just some kind of cold/fever making the rounds, unfortunately. Elanor is also popping her molars which isn't helping matters.
I was somewhat traumatized last night to discover that a new theater version of Pride and Prejudice is coming out in November. I cannot imagine how that story, with its nuances, could be packed into two hours. I will try my hardest to go see it, of course, but I expect to be disappointed.

4 Comments:
a new theater version of Pride and Prejudice is coming out in November
I saw! I saw! I'm torn between wanting to check it out and hiding under the bed and pretending it doesn't exist.
I think I'll let you watch it and see what you think before I decide. :D
~Rabia
9:33 PM
Okay, that was strange. I'm refering to the new Pride & Prejudice movie, by the way.
9:35 PM
I am SO glad you have survived the hurricane and that it wasn't as bad where you are. All of the hotels in Houston are booked solid from all of the people heading west from Louisiana!
Rachel
P.S. I clicked on the link to your church and went looking for a photo of Andy. I didn't realize he was a summa cumme laude!! Go Andy! The pic of him seemed a little distorted to me. Maybe it's because it's 11:00 PM and I still have tons to do?
8:53 PM
Rachel, maybe it's just because it's a pretty awful picture!
8:06 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home