Tuesday, October 18, 2005

geography


So, if you have been wondering where Fort Myers is in Florida, look at the map. We are right above the dotted line, which runs roughly through Naples (about 45 minutes south of us). I almost wish I was keeping a collection of these maps which, at one point or another, show a hurricane heading straight for us. I think the most impressive one we have from last year was Ivan, which turned out to be a totally inaccurate prediction. I don't think we even saw much in the way of weather from that one. I doubt we have anything to worry about but down here, since Charley (and now especially since Katrina), everyone watches the map. One of the guys in Andy's office had printed color copies of the 8AM map and was handing it out to everyone. (And we wonder why we get worked up!)

Other than that, life in SWFL is lovely, especially since the temperature shifted just enough this weekend that we have opened up the house! The afternoon is a little too warm, but the late evening through about lunchtime is wonderful. I love having the house open again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home