Monday, August 28, 2006

if a picture is worth a thousand words

I should be rich by now. (That's what my photo collection on the computer tells me, anyway!). I've grabbed a few of our favorite shots from the trip (there are 26, but I could have done that many from the Grand Canyon alone, I think!) to share with you. They are in chronological order, beginning with the rocket launch in St. Pete. We hit the playground in Newnan, the pool in Memphis, the beach in Sherman, a really fantastic rest area east of Amarillo, and (of course) the Grand Canyon. Andy took some shots of the apartment building but I'll save those for next time when I can toss in some interior shots (sans boxes).



I should mention that our day at the Grand Canyon was just about perfect (in our eyes). Everyone was up early (still on Central Time and Arizona is currently on Pacific--they are like Indiana in ignoring DST). We took an easy path along the rim for the morning, which we all enjoyed; had lunch at the main park area; had a lovely long nap back at the room (courtesy of the early morning); and then made it back to the main area (intending to hike along the west rim) just in time to witness a spectacular storm roll in over the canyon. Words simply cannot describe it, but I will say it was a privilege to see it, although it did cost us that second hike.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Walmer Family said...

I am so glad you made it! I have been checking your blog every day for updates. I need to update mine ASAP! :) Let us know how you love California living! Maybe we can hook up on your way back through to Florida... - Rachel

10:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CORNETTS... glad to know you had such a wonderful trip. Will pray for God's continued blessing over your time in California. He is good and faithful, as you have seen, in the storms and sunny days. Enjoy your new (temporary) home! love ya,Donna

9:50 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home