Friday, August 04, 2006

counting down

I'm sorry I have no pictures to share with you lately. I even got a fun new lens for my camera for a birthday present and have only used it once (not even on my own family). July has been a slow photo month for the Cornetts!

We are just about at the ten day mark, which is both intimidating and exciting. It seems like there is still a lot to be done before we're ready to go! We had day one of our garage sale today and it went very well--here's hoping tomorrow is even better! We still have Andy's station wagon (I was surprised at the number of garage salers who were interested in it--maybe tomorrow will be our day) and Emma--any of you Fort Myers residents who have been holding out on us, now is the time to speak up! It is kind of fun to be cleaning house like this. My dad made it down safely this week (after a brief visit to see my aunt, who seems to be recovering slowly but surely now, thank God) and it is nice to be able to start tackling some of the bigger projects (like moving furniture to the storage unit).

Caroline has finally figured out how to swim, at least enough that she is comfortable in the water. Those of you who have seen her swim will know how thankful I am for this as she has always been very panicky and clingy in the water. We are trying to get to the pool as often as we can... I am certain there are pools out in Pasadena but it remains to be seen how often we can indulge.

Here's an interesting item: Andy is tackling his languages this year (hard to do in a two week intensive). All along we have both just assumed that he would be taking Hebrew and Greek concurrently--all year long, which (I know) sounds exhausting. Well, it turns out that he will actually be taking all of his Greek in the fall quarter. All of it. Then, while he is following that up in the winter with some nice Greek exegesis work, he'll be getting all of his Hebrew in. I did not know that you could learn a language that quickly, but apparently quite a lot of seminarians do it. Andy's advisor was surprised that we thought there was any other way to do it! I suppose it makes more sense this way--after all, who wants to learn two totally different languages (complete with separate alphabets) at the same time? So that's our fun tidbit.

We do have our new contact information and emailed it to most of you this past week. If you didn't get an email from us, we may not have your correct address (some did bounce, I confess). If you want it, you will have to email me (I think you just click on my profile and you should be able to fire one at me) as you won't find it here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have great confidence in Andy tackling the languages with flying colors. He's the brain! Didn't he learn the greek alphabet when he was 2 or 3 and his dad was in seminary?

He would have been tough to teach in Sunday School! Michael will probably come back to Covenant knowing greek & hebrew too.... Watch out Miss Ruth!

We love you all and are thrilled for the opportunities God is giving you. Love, Debbie Norris

6:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home