look, it's gone!

Seems like it was forever and a day ago that Michael's tooth started wobbling. I kept joking with him across the country, wondering what state he would lose it in. Turns out it was California. He and I discussed the Tooth Fairy last night: he decided that I would probably be the Tooth Fairy, which made me laugh. We have never told the kids not to believe in Santa, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy, but we have never told them to believe in them either. So far, we seem to be OK--I had wondered if we were in trouble when one of Michael's friends received a whopping $10 for two teeth lost in rapid succession, but he is happily anticipating a shiny quarter. Now I have to see if I have any of those handy!

I know I have failed to give you pictures of the apartment so far. I have yet to take any of the interior. Here are a couple that Andy took last week when he was out with the kids one day. Our apartment is on the second and third floor, approximately in the middle of the building, facing the play area (where Andy is standing). There are only common areas underneath our unit, which is nice--I don't have to wonder if my thundering herd is keeping someone else's baby from a nap. I will take some interior shots soon, but don't expect a lot--the family room is also the kitchen and dining room (three for the price of one!), and the other rooms look a lot like your average Cornett household bedroom (that is to say, somewhat messy). The area is much more interesting than the interior of the apartment--some really beautiful older buildings, like the public library. One nearby city building is undergoing a "seismic renovation" which I take to mean earthquake safety rather than a fancy way of saying "a lot of work".Michael and I started in again with school this week, although it's been a bit of an uphill battle as he is running a fever and feeling kind of lousy off and on. He is already enthralled with the history, so I imagine we'll be fleshing that out somewhat. Andy and the girls went on a Labor Day cookout while Michael and I stayed home--he was running pretty hot, but some Tylenol seemed to help a lot. He expressed a total lack of interest in grilled cheese (and at this point that was pretty much our only option), so he and I walked the block and a half to a local landmark, Rick's Drive In. It was good; I think we'll have to eat there a few more times in the next month or two. Rumor is that our next door neighbor's son wants to be homeschooled this year, too, so he and Michael can play together all the time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home