Friday, October 21, 2005

friday 11am update


Talk about hurry up and wait. I guess we are more or less ready for Wilma here, but every time we get an update, the arrival time is later and later. Michael's school was cancelled today; at this point I expect he'll be home on Monday and Tuesday as well. We are still planning on staying here until sometime Sunday at least. With Wilma being pushed back, we will be in church on Sunday.

Michael decided that he could defer going to Disney world until he is "seven or eight" and asked me to let him have some of our Disney money (in a water cooler jug) for "the poor people". Well, how can you say no to that? The children's mission project at church this month is Meals on Wheels. Everyone was sent home at the beginning of the month with a metal dinner tray to collect money in, which I thought was a really clever idea. We've been collecting money, but what I dumped out for Michael yesterday increased it significantly. Looked like a teachable moment to me (for me and him, probably), so we spent about half an hour counting (we didn't dump out all of the money, just some of it). Michael is thrilled; he has just over $25 to take to church on Sunday for the Meals on Wheels. I love that kid!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the maps Robin-it beats what I can see on Denver local news. Praying for you guys! Tell Michael his yaya loves his sharing heart.

6:51 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home