Sunday, December 04, 2005

family christmas pictures






It really is like herding stray cats, Angie! We made our first attempt at taking family Christmas pictures yesterday. To summarize the experience... well, let's just say that you better not be expecting your Christmas cards from us anytime soon. Elanor was unhappy; Michael and Caroline were uncooperative; and no one looked in the same direction at the same time no matter what. We'll be trying again tomorrow; hopefully it will go much better (maybe we can plan it for a time Andy can be home to direct traffic).

Speaking of Andy, he spent the weekend on his high school retreat and just came home. I think it went well; he always comes home a little hoarse and very tired. He has said that he cleaned up playing Hearts against his guys, with just a small note of satisfaction in his voice.

I made stroganoff tonight with venison. I would just like to point out that this is a big step for me since I have always been morally opposed (at least opposed) to venison, but Dad shot it himself and brought it down here all the way from Michigan, so cooking it was the least I could do. I ate it, everyone ate it... especially Elanor, who was sitting next to Dad and was so demanding that he couldn't eat his own food because he was trying to keep up with her. It should be noted also that Dad had a very healthy serving himself. As always, we've enjoyed our visit with Dad, and as always, it's been too short (although very productive as we've repainted and refloored our room while he's been here)... but thankfully he'll come back soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, they ARE beautiful pics, just none of them all together at the same time in the same frame! Wish us luck in attempting said pictures this week! (meow meow)

5:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home