Saturday 11pm update

Just finished Batman Begins -I finally got to see it - and thought I'd check on how Wilma is doing. She's kind of a household name now and seems to have decided to pay us a visit. Michael and Caroline must have caught wind of her coming and the general nervousness in town; they decided to share a bed tonight and fell asleep holding hands. The forecast track has jogged slightly north to account for changing weather patterns, which means the black "H" on Florida's west coast is right on top of our town. Oddly enough, the center of this forecast cone hasn't changed in 7 days.
I've felt badly about the newscasts in our area; the forecasters keep "hoping" it lingers over the Yucatan so we can be spared. Should I hope to prolong the suffering of others (30+ hours now of 100+ mph winds) so we can escape it? Hardly. As always, pray for safety and no loss of life, and as the Jesuits had it - ad majorem Deo gloriam - "for the greater glory of God" through our lives and in all things.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home