a peek inside
So this may serve no real purpose except to allow a peek inside my head ... I thought I'd post a list of the books I have read so far this year. Alas, the list doesn't include books I wanted to read for fun but have not found the time to read, and yes, many of these have been read for classes. Given that I have 12 books to read in the next 2-3 months, "fun" reading may slip for awhile ...
Non-fiction, sort of
Dietrich Bonhoeffer: Life Together
Karl Barth: Dogmatics in Outline
James Torrance: Worship, Community, and the Triune God of Grace
T.F. Torrance: The Trinitarian Faith (sections 6-7)
Thomas C. Oden Life in the Spirit: Systematic Theology, v. 3
Malcolm Gladwell: Blink
Henri Nouwen: The Way of the Heart
Joan Chittister: Wisdom Distilled from the Daily
Dallas Willard: The Divine Conspiracy
Donald Miller: Blue Like Jazz
Erwin McManus: The Barbarian Way
Parker Palmer: Let Your Life Speak
Malcolm Gladwell: The Tipping Point
Brian McLaren: The Story We Find Ourselves In
Donald Miller: Searching for God Knows What (in process)
G.K. Chesterton: Orthodoxy (in process)
Eugene Peterson: A Long Obedience in the Same Direction
Fiction, sort of
Lois Lowry: The Giver
C.S. Lewis: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe
Marilynne Robinson: Gilead
Michael Chabon: Summerland
Ellis Peters: The Hermit of Eyton Forest
Ellis Peters: The Holy Thief
J.K. Rowling: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Just a few comments: The James Torrance book is short and wonderful, Malcolm Gladwell is a very cool, very profound writer, Ellis Peters books are such a delight, Blue Like Jazz is sheer fun, Gilead was one of the best books I have ever read, and next to Lewis' Mere Chrisitianity, I think The Divine Conspiracy is the best Christian book I have ever read. I could go on and on ... but won't.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home