Friday, October 27, 2006

some days are harder than others

"Not all verbs whose present tense stem ends in a liquid are classified as a liquid. It depends on whether or not that liquid consonant is actually part of the stem (some verbs add a liquid consonant to the root to form the present. This type of verb cannot have a liquid future since the future stem does not end in a liquid.) The only way to really know whether a verb will take a liquid future is to look it up in the lexicon and memorize it." - W. Mounce, Basics of Biblical Greek, p. 173.

Hmm. This must be why we say "it's Greek to me ..." Lots, lots of work to get ready for class today (Friday). But on the whole this is going well; I enjoy it, I can tell I am making progress, and it really is fun to sit down and translate some passages ... like John 4:22-23 today.

Andy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home