lonely families
No, I am not throwing a pity party or asking for phone calls... that was just our tongue-in-cheek name for our Thanksgiving celebration this year. We discovered that we were not the only people out here who were spending this holiday far from family, so we "hosted" (in the loosest sense of the word) a "Lonely Families" Thanksgiving Celebration. We had about 30 at dinner, a potluck. The funny part was that as the numbers added up, some of us (I'm married to one) started to get concerned about the amount of food for the meal and volunteered to bring extra food. Trust me, no one went hungry and I think we didn't run out of anything, either. We enjoyed ourselves and I think everyone who came did, too, even though it was a pretty eclectic gathering of people. We were blessed by it!
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. (new pics on flickr alert)

1 Comments:
Since moving to Houston, we have had MANY "Lonely Family" gatherings: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Fourth of July, Easter, etc. Almost all of our good friends are transplants, so there are usually lots of us on hand. Even though it's always great to be with family, there is great comfort in knowing that the family of God can be a worthy substitute!
5:04 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home